Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sorry

Dear Mr. Jim Hughes,

I am terribly sorry have not posted what was assigned to us over break. I don't know exactly why i forgot to post but, I do have a job that i work 4 days a week. More then likely I just got caught up in the holidays and some family issues i had to attend to. I know that we got another chance to post it, in all honesty it was my fault for not being responsible enough to do what was asked of me. Again I am very sorry.

Going a little bit back in time; my holiday break was fine except for a couple of family mishaps that I would rather not talk about. When you mentiond that it would be best for making a regular study time, I have a small problem. I work 4 days a week and two or three of them are during the weekdays. I don't know a solution to my problem and was woundering if you knew what or if i could do anything about it. I beleive that everything happens for a reason and what ever happens, happens. By the way, how was your holiday season?

Thank you once again for being in the mentor program and also sorry for not posting my assignment. Oh and this isn't an assignment or anything like that I just felt bad and didn't want to be rude or waste your time. Again, Thank you.

~Anthony Boyd

1 comment:

Jim Hughes said...

Hi Anthony,
Good to finally hear from you. I was concerned about you when I hadn't heard from you in so long. I'm sorry that your holiday time and family stuff involved difficulty. You sound like a busy young man with a job and all. How many hours/week do you work and where do you work?
I'm sure balancing work and study time can be real difficult. If you're serious about college , you'll need to set some priorities.
By that I mean you may need to miss a little free time listening to music and/or just hanging out.
It the long run, of course it's YOU who makes the choice to defer
short term fun for a differnt future.
I'd again encourage you do do as much reading as you can. That, in my view would be the best preparation possible for the ACT and for college.
Balancing your life is a good thing to learn now, since it's something you'll need to do your entire life.
Are you the type of person who sets goals/makes New Years' resolutions?
I'm trying to read and workout more this year.
Drop me a line and let me know how you're doing.
All the best!
Jim