Monday, December 11, 2006

Dear, Mr. Jim Hughes,

I believe that I am a person who has an open mind, can see both sides of an argument, and can decide what is right and wrong. The thing about reading is that I can only read for a certain amount of time without losing my focus. For example, "The Davinci Code" it was an epic non stop thriller; at least in my mind it was. When I do get to college I hope on majoring in psychology, and becasue of Dan Brown I want to enrole myself into philosphy class and other classes of that sort.

I absolutly love history, I believe that history is very important to our culture to know where we came from and how it got to be. Me for example, my great grandfather came to America from Italy in 1913 and then settled in Southfield, MI. That was on my mothers side of the family. I couldn't really tell you about my fathers side is for the simple fact that he was addopted and we have yet been unable to uncover anything about his biological parents.

I do have a question for you. Would you happen to have a way that makes it easy to study for you? I have tried many different ways to study and take notes and so far nothing has really worked out. I really hope you can help, and I really hope that I can finally aquire a way to help study for the upcoming midterm exams.

Thanks again,
Anthony Boyd

3 comments:

Rory said...

hey anthony-

mr. hughes here. just checking on something.

Jim Hughes said...

Hi Anthony,
Hope you're having a nice vacation and are enjoying some time with your family.
In answer to your question about study habits I have some strong opinions.
The best way to study is to develop a regular routine.
Set up a place in your house with all you need...a good light,table or desk, books,
hightlighters, pens,paper, computer. Try to study at the same time every day and on the weekend.
Only by disciplining yourself will you be able to be successful in high school and college.
It's an investment in yourself that will pay dividends in the future. Often things that are the most worthwhile are not particularily easy to do, but they pay off in the long run.
Once you get in the habit of regularily reading and studying, it will become more comfortable for you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
All the best.
Jim Hughes

Jim Hughes said...

Anthony,
WHAT'S UP WITH YOU THESE DAYS?
Jim